TITLES, LICENSE PLATES, REGISTRATION RENEWALS & TITLE TRANSFERS Cars Trucks Trailers RV’s Mopeds Motorcycles (Engine number must be provided for all motorcycle transfers) DUPLICATES: Registration tabs Plates Special Plates (personalized, vets, critical habitat, etc.) Titles VEHICLE RENEWALS: To renew your tabs, bring in the renewal notice & current insurance information. If you do not have your renewal, bring in the plate number along with your ID. If tabs are being purchased by someone other than the registered owner, bring the renewal notice or a signed permission slip by the registered owner identifying both the vehicle & the purchaser of the tabs. Click HERE for a permission slip. MAIL IN RENEWAL: To see information on how to mail in your renewals, please go to the “how do I” page. OUT OF STATE REGISTRATIONS: Bring in the out of state title or a current registration card if the title is unavailable along with your current insurance information. The odometer reading and a valid Drivers License or ID is also required. The vehicle owner must provide the name and complete address of the lender and date of the loan, if there is a lien against the vehicle. EXPEDITED TITLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL $20, SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY. FORMS: Need a specific form? CLICK HERE to see our Forms available for download. SPECIALTY PLATES: Interested in a specialized plate? CLICK HERE to see a plate brochure with all of your options.
Minnesota Auto & Driver’s License of Brainerd
Brainerd License Office 623 NW 4th St Brainerd, MN 56401 218-855-5169 brainerd@licensemn.com
MOTOR VEHICLE IMPORTANT: Current insurance information is required on all MV transactions
Business hours: 8:30 - 4:30 Mon-Fri excluding holidays